14I - General Instructor Development In-Service
Firearms Instructor Development In-Service (14I). This class is required by DCJS in addition to a Range Qualification in order to renew your Firearms Instructor Certification. It begins with a 4-hour online classroom session. Following the online classroom session, the training concludes with a re-qualification course of fire at our range.
It is the STUDENT'S responsibility to contact our office to schedule a range day. The cost of the online course includes your range fees.
- Take Course
- Duration: 4 hours / 30 days to complete
- Price: $100.00
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old and a United States Citizen or legal resident alien of the United States.
- You must have a current Category that is Active or within its Reinstatement period.
- Pursuant to the Administrative Code 6VAC20-173-180 you have 30 days from the date of purchase (first log-on) to successfully complete all course material. If you do not complete the course in that time period, you will have to register and pay the course fees again and start from the beginning.
- Each student will have a total of 3 attempts within those 30 days to successfully complete the course. After those 3 attempts you will have to register and pay the course fees again.
- When registering, ensure you input a DCJS 99# and that it is correct. Please do not put your RE# or 11#. Check your enrollment form before you hit submit as incorrect information can cause a delay in you obtaining credit for the completion of the course.
- The course is done at your own pace, and led by you, the student.
- There is no specific start date and time of class. You read the slides yourself.
- You do not have to complete your online training in a single sitting.
- You may exit the program at any time and when you log back into the course it will take you to the point that you previously stopped at.
- There are knowledge check questions throughout the course. These questions are graded and you must pass them with a minimum score of 70%.
Course Completion Information: