08R - Shotgun Re-Qual
This class is required by DCJS in addition to a Range Qualification in order to renew your shotgun endorsement. It begins with a 3-hour online session. Following the classroom session, the training concludes with a re-qualification course of fire at our range. It is the STUDENTS responsibility to contact our office to schedule a range day. The cost of the online course includes your range fees
- Take Course
- Duration: 3 hours / 30 days to complete
- Price: $75.00
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old and a United States Citizen or legal resident alien of the United States.
- You must have a current Category that is Active or within its Reinstatement period. Firearms endorsements are not eligible for reinstatement. If renewal requirements are not met pursuant to this chapter, the applicant shall meet all initial application requirements, including applicable initial firearms training requirements.
- Pursuant to the Administrative Code 6VAC20-173-180 you have 30 days from the date of purchase (first log-on) to successfully complete all course material. If you do not complete the course in that time period, you will have to register and pay the course fees again and start from the beginning.
- Each student will have a total of 3 attempts within those 30 days to successfully complete the course. After those 3 attempts you will have to register and pay the course fees again.
- When registering, ensure you input a DCJS 99# and that it is correct. Please do not put your RE# or 11#. Check your enrollment form before you hit submit as incorrect information can cause a delay in you obtaining credit for the completion of the course.
- The course is done at your own pace, and led by you, the student.
- There is no specific start date and time of class. You read the slides yourself.
- You do not have to complete your online training in a single sitting.
- You may exit the program at any time and when you log back into the course it will take you to the point that you previously stopped at.
- There are knowledge check questions throughout the course. These questions are graded and you must pass them with a minimum score of 70%.
- The course will show as 100% completed but won’t produce a certificate.
- Per DCJS regulations, once you have completed the online portion, you will need to go to the range and qualify (see below for contact details).
- The course is not marked complete until BOTH the CLASSROOM portion and the RANGE portion are complete.
- We have partnered with Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy to provide you with the Range Qualifications.
- If you are qualifying with one caliber and action type and bring your own firearm and ammo, there will be no additional cost to you!
- Once you have completed the online portion you can contact Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy by calling them at 540-322-3000 or (preferred) email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Completion Information: